Do NOT use Liquidation.com until you read every word on this page or you will be screaming and tearing your hair out after the first transaction.
What is Liquidation.com?
Liquidation.com is wholesale and surplus auctions by liquidators (online liquidation auctions).
What does this mean to you?
This means you have access to products at wholesale prices in over 500 categories. You can buy items at wholesale and sell them on eBay, Amazon, Overstock or your own online store.
Is Liquidation.com a Scam?
No it is legitimate company (Check their BBB record). BUT it is very easy to loose money if you ignore 5 simple rules below.
Is it Good for Selling on eBay?
Is it a good place to buy items at wholesale and sell them on eBay?
Yes, if you follow 5 simple rules:
- Condition of a product – it may vary from brand-new to salvage. Make sure that you double check the condition before you bid on item. Because there is nothing worse than end up with a product you cannot sell. In 99.9% it doesn’t worth to deal with “used”, “salvage”, “shelf pull” or “refurbished” lots. There is no way to determine upfront what would be the exact condition and item identified as a retail return can turn out to be a damaged item and you can end up in a very tricky situation when you have to lose money just to get rid of the product. It is very hard to get your money back because their terms and conditions regarding any guarantees are somewhat blurry and Liquidation.com makes no guarantees of functionality and completeness of accessories. So save yourself a lot of time and money and DO NOT bid on “used”, “salvage”, “shelf pull” or “refurbished” lots. There are a lot of people that did and lost their money – you can find their complaints all over the Internet. So the takeaway from here is to deal with NEW products, this way you can be sure you get working assets in original package with complete set of the characteristics/qualities/ features.
- Always take into consideration before bidding:
- Buyer’s Premium-5% from the final bid price and shipping cost. Liquidation.com offers two shipping options: first – they ship to you; second you may pick it up yourself. They have 8 locations around USA.
- Have maximum amount you willing to pay in mind before you bid. Don’t fall for auction spinning. (If a bid was made 3 min before auction end, they extend time to give other bidders chance).
- Find out the average sale price for a product you’re planning to bid for. Have that number in front of you when you’re bidding. If auction price is more than you willing to pay – stop, calm down and find another auction with same merchandise. It happened to me when I was about to overpay $200 for the lot. I did stop and couple days later purchased the same lot for $300 less.
- If you live in certain states (Arkansas, California, Indiana, New Jersey or Texas) you may have to pay sales tax.
- Always check manifest for exact models and quantities.
- Liquidation.com is not a drop shipper and they cannot offer you the same renewable spectra of products all the time. You cannot absolutely rely on their source of products if you have your own online store. Always have some product reserve at home, so running out of stock horror never happens to you.
So with these rules in mind you can go ahead and surf their website looking for bargains.
Not sure about Liquidation.com? See it compared to others in these dropship reviews
Visit Official Liquidation.com Website
Liquidation.com is different from other auction sites. With most auction sites, your transaction is between a person or business and yourself. At Liquidation.com, most of the products are warehoused and shipped by Liquidation.com. This gives you security and reliability. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has been guarding consumers against fraud for decades. I strongly recommend that before you invest in ANY purchase for your eBiz, you check with the BBB to be sure that you’re buying from a reputable company. Click Here to see Liquidation.com BBB record. The company’s size, volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by the BBB. The complaints filed against a company may not be as important as the type of complaints, and how the company has handled them. Note, considering that they have number of complaints on file, most of them were resolved. BTW if you have problem accessing their site you may need to buy socks or use online proxy service as they may be blocking some countries.
How safe is Liquidation.com?
One of the biggest concerns about buying anything online is always reliability! Is the vendor or seller honest? Will I get my products? Is it safe to give out my credit card to anyone? With Liquidation.com, you buy directly FROM Liquidation.com. The product comes directly from them (in most cases), not the seller. The transaction is usually between you and Liquidation.com. Knowing this will generate a sense of comfort and assurance that your large transaction purchases are not scams. So far Liquidation.com has conducted 1.8 million transactions between 1.2 million registered users generating over $1 billion in gross merchandise value.
No matter if you’re selling on eBay or you have your own online store, you can supply product sourcing by using liquidation items to draw customers to your business at bargain-basement prices, and then show your customers your higher-priced regular product line. This is called “Loss Leader strategy”(all big stores are successfully using it), and liquidation products are perfect for this time-tested method! If used right you can find great deals on Liquidation.com and you can score BIG. With 5 rules in mind, Liquidation.com is absolutely worth trying. Membership is absolutely FREE. You get wholesale supply of products in over 500 categories. One more suggestion – do not jump right away in computer and consumer electronics category, because a lot of people do the same and they jack up the bid prices. Look over clothing and accessories, house wares, hardware and equipment. There are plenty of HOT deals going on right now. So do not hesitate to check it out for yourself. Visit official Liquidation.com website.