STAND OUT! So many blogs look alike…
The best way to distinguish your blog and give your website shiny new look is to install professional WordPress theme. If you spent any time browsing your blog, then you would probably agree with me that default WordPress theme isn’t the best looking theme. Right now the blog looks kind of ordinary and undistinguished, that’s not how we want it to be!
The best way to differentiate your website and give it professional look is to install a premium WordPress theme, of course there are other content management systems like Joomla, Drupal and Magento (magento 1.7 themes) but from personal experience I think that WordPress is the best CMS out there right now.
Why in the hell would anyone fork out $40 or more for a blog theme?
Well, everyone have his own reasons. I prefer to use professional themes because:
- You blog looks more professional, which in turn gives the impression of more authority to what you write about.
- Premium themes come with many configuration options which you are unlikely to find with free themes. This means you can tweak your blog’s design to fit your needs, your blogging brand and personality. I am a big fan of automation and simplification and I don’t feel like messing around with php and css (even if I know them) every time I want to make a small tweak or change logo of my blog.
- Premium themes benefit from support, so if you have any problems with your theme you are able to get help from experts as part of the fee you pay for your theme.
- Premium themes are often optimized for search engines taking the hard work out for you.
- You don’t have to spend 100’s of hours and thousands of dollars to get the same results as the professionals! In fact I only spend $70 for my theme which comes with dozens of great features that I was not able to find with free themes.
Installing and Activating your Theme
Once you have purchased your theme, installing and activating is easy. Click “Appearance > Add New Themes > Upload”. After uploading your theme in zip archive click “Appearance” choose it under available themes and click “Activate”. That’s it, your theme is now active.