Eben Pagan is one of the few trustworthy “gurus” that I follow. He is really good at organizing information into easy to follow systems and step-by-step actionable blueprints that you can use in your business, so if you’re looking for ways to start profitable information business by sharing your knowledge and expertise you should check out pre-launch videos for Guru Product Blueprints. As part of his pre-launch Eben released video where he talks about “Emotional Needs & Informational Needs” and why they’re important when you’re creating information product. Before you create information product you must understand who your customers are and what do they REALLY want: what their worriers, hopes and desires.
Since I am in the process of creating course on “Local Marketing” I decided to complete “Emotional Intelligence” exercise and post results here so I can get your feedback and make better product for you, so if you think that I missed something on the side of “Emotional Needs” or “Informational Needs” please post your feedback in the comments section below.
“Emotional Intelligence” exercise
Customer portrait: Complete newbie to intermediate Internet marketer, making under $2000/month online. 18 – 35 years’ old, male. Want to make money by helping local business owners with their marketing. Have learned basics of IM. Implementing or trying to implement learned knowledge into practice, need legitimate, proven system that will work. Confused with different opportunities, since don’t have enough experience to see difference between SCAM and legitimate ones. Possibly have been scammed. Not sure where to go, need guidance and step by step instructions. Bored and tired of day work mundane and routine, latently hating his boss. Dreaming about quitting his day job and having real business. Scared to be scammed, waste his money on some “fly-by-night” product.
- Create real business that is making enough money in passive income that is enough to have financial independence and lifestyle that you deserve; business based on helping real people and businesses and not on the latest fad or gimmick.
- Financial independence and feeling of certainty/stability, ability to provide and support family and the loved ones
- Acquire client once and get paid month after month
- Have business owners begging to work with them, and happily pay over and over again for the business that you bring. On autopilot!
- A blueprint for a six-figure scalable business that will generate steady profits month after month, with very little client management
- A step-by-step system that you can delegate, to free up more time and give you the lifestyle you desire, peace of mind knowing you don’t have to work so hard to generate your income.
- Afraid of rejection, cold calling local businesses
- Afraid of failure, not being able to fulfill the promise to customers
- Scared to fail and be laughed for trying this “Internet stuff” not being able to support their family
- Scared to waste their time and money again on hyped-up, fly-by-night product that doesn’t work
- Afraid of their dreams and expectations fall apart and turn into dust again!
- Afraid of technology, lack of experience to put everything together
- How to get any business in TOP10 of Google SERP’s even if they don’t have a website using Google + Local
- What to say to prospective business owners on the phone to close them in 30 seconds or less and have them begging to work with you
- What services to sell to instantly increase perceived value and make sure you close the sale
- How to generate pre-qualified local leads and sell them for premium prices
- How to identify and target highly profitable local niches
- How to acquire customers that pay you $500-$1500 a month and keep them for lifetime
- How to organize you workflow so that you spend most of your time creatively managing the business and not doing repetitive tasks and day-to-day actual work of the business.
- How to automate and scale your lead generation systems and conversion process so that your business grows 20%-50% a year on autopilot
- How to effectively track results and scale your local business
- A big mistake most local marketer make that alienates prospective customers and make it almost impossible for them to make money